In association with Transport Scotland and the Scottish Government, Transport Times has launched the Scottish Transport Summit which will be held alongside the Scottish Transport Awards on 15th June in Glasgow.
The aim of the Summit is to bring together key decision-makers, practitioners and thinkers to discuss and debate Scotland's transport needs and future strategy. Transport Minister Humza Yousaf MSP will deliver the keynote address with a number of high profile speakers already confirmed.
The one day event will aim to debate the following questions:-
- What should be the role of transport in growing the economy and social inclusion?
- What does Scotland do well on bus, rail and ferries and what can be improved?
- Do governance structures support desired outcomes?
- What role can technology play?
- How do we meet the challenges of disruptive technologies?
- How do we ensure that local authorities have the tools to improve transport in their area?
- How do we safeguard the country's railway needs, both now and in the future?
Further information on this event can be found here