TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The term 'Transport Times Events Ltd' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 60 Laurel Brae, Springfield, Cupar, Fife KY15 5AD. Our company registration number is Scotland No. 714075. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be received in writing by post, fax or email. A 10% administration charge will be applied to any booking cancelled 14 days before the date of the event. No refunds will be given for any cancellation made within 14 days of the event but substitute delegates are welcome. Cancellation will result in the loss of any early bird discount and our normal cancellation terms will apply to the full rate applicable for each rate level.
- Choosing the wrong ticket price
If you fail to book your place at the correct pricing rate (not for profit/profit making prices) you may be asked to pay the full correct price to secure your place.
- Payments Terms
Strictly 30 days (unless agreed otherwise).
All invoices have 30 days payment terms and we reserve the right to cancel any places that are not paid within this time-frame. We also reserve the right to not admit any attendees to an event should their account be in arrears.
Terms and conditions last reviewed: 10/12/21
Transport Times Events is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Who is collecting the data?
The data is collected by Transport Times/Transport Time Events. The data will never be passed on to any third parties.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name, job title and organisation
- contact information including email address, telephone number, postal address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping.
- we may use the information to improve our products and services.
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may use your information to send personal invitations to upcoming Transport Times events
We will not keep personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all data which is no longer required.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Legal basis for processing your data
We will process your data under one or more of following legal bases:
Should you sign up for any kind of communication via our website we will always require a confirmation of your consent.
Should you book a place at one of our events or enter a project at one of our awards ceremonies, we will need to process your data in order to contact you about these specific things (and maybe for invoice purposes). You can opt out of receiving marketing correspondence from us.
At times we may feel that it is in your legitimate interest that we contact you. We will participate in business-to-business communication. We believe our correspondence would be in line with your reasonable expectations and wouldn't have an unwarranted impact on you. However you will always have the right to object and opt out.
Consent/controlling your personal information
- By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
- Consent is required for Transport Times to process both types of personal data. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw your consent at any time:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
- You can also do this by clicking the 'unsubscribe' button at the bottom of our emails. This will automatically opt you out and will always unsubscribe you from all Transport Times mailing lists and will not receive any further correspondence from us.
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 60 Laurel Brae, Springfield, Cupar, Fife, KY15 5AD.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.