The entry process for the London Transport Awards 2019 is now open. Entries will be accepted online until Friday 19th October 2018.
Now in their 16th year, the London Transport Awards are supported by Transport for London, London councils, London TravelWatch and London First, and recognise excellence in transport and reward innovation and progress for transport initiatives which are really working in London.
The awards are free to enter and the judges welcome any updates to projects submitted in previous years. The entry form, along with rules and full details on each category can be found online here.
NOMINATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES
- Transport Borough of the Year
- Excellence in Cycling and Walking
- Most Effective Road Safety, Traffic Management and Enforcement Project
- Rail Operator of the Year
- Most Innovative Transport Project
- Contribution to Sustainable Transport
- Excellence in Technology
- Transport Team/Partnership of the Year
- Transport Supplier of the Year
- Excellence in Travel Information and Marketing
- Airport of the Year
- Frontline Employee of the Year
- The Stuart Ross Young Transport Communications Professional of the Year
- And new for this year: Excellence in Transport Accessibility
The Stuart Ross Young Transport Communications Professional of the Year is open to young communications professionals involved in the transport industry, aged 30 or under at 1st Jan 2019. Nominated candidates should be able to demonstrate an outstanding contribution to improving transport in London.
The award commemorates the life and achievements of Stuart, Transport for London's Director of News, who sadly passed away last year. Those who knew him will be aware of the work he did in giving others a start in life through an internship programme he started for young communications professionals.He was a master communicator himself and it seems very fitting to have an award such as this dedicated to Stuart's legacy.
We strongly recommend nominations to be submitted for this special award!
The winners will be announced at the 16th Annual London Transport Awards on 7th March at the Park Plaza Riverbank Hotel.