The entry process for the Scottish Transport Awards 2019 is open. Entries will be accepted online until Friday 15th February 2019.
Now in their 17th year the awards, supported by the Scottish Government and Transport Scotland, continue to recognise excellence in transport and reward innovation and progress for transport initiatives which are really working in Scotland.
The awards are free to enter and the judges welcome any updates to projects submitted in previous years. You are now required to answer 3 questions relating to your project/award category. Further information on these questions and what the judges expect to see can be found our website here.
Roy Brannen, Chief Executive, Transport Scotland said: "These Awards are a great opportunity to recognise the contribution by our professionals in improving and enhancing Scotland's transport networks. Everyday Transport Scotland sees the effort, collaboration and results from everyone involved in providing a successful journey for Scotland's travelling public."
NOMINATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES
- Best Bus Service
- Most Effective Road Safety, Traffic Management & Enforcement Project
- Best Practice in Travel to School and Work Schemes
- Excellence in Walking, Public Realm and Cycling
- Most Innovative Transport Project
- Contribution to Sustainable Transport
- Airport of the Year
- Road/Rail Contractor of the Year
- Excellence in Technology & Innovation
- Excellence in Travel Information and Marketing
- The Public Transport Operator of the Year
- Frontline Employee of the Year
- Excellence in Transport Accessibility
- Transport Team/Partnership of the Year
The winners will be announced at at an awards ceremony on 13th June at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Glasgow.